According to statistics56% of US adults report an increase in crime rates where they live. NYPD arrest rate up 12.3 percent In this situation, facility or apartment complex security should be one of your top priorities. However, you have to decide if you need to arm yourself. unarmed security guard.
Security guards give you, your employees, and customers a sense of security and prevent vandals and criminals from defacing your property or stealing from your premises.
In this blog, we compare and discuss unarmed vs. armed security services and explain which one is right for your business. Here’s what you should know:
unarmed security guard They are often hired for low-risk jobs because they do not need to carry firearms. They are specially trained to defuse dangerous situations and may carry non-lethal weapons such as tasers, pepper spray and batons. Arrests can also be made by unarmed guards if necessary.
Unarmed security guards can be hired for low-risk surveillance jobs, such as in-school work or overseeing store security. Their presence often acts as an effective deterrent to delinquents and troublemakers.
Why should you hire unarmed security guards?
Unarmed security is more affordable if you want your inventory protected during business hours. There are several other reasons to consider unarmed security.
- If your budget is limited, armed guards will cost more than unarmed guards
- When a security guard’s primary responsibility is to provide information to visitors, such as dealing with reception
- Situations or places where the presence of guns or ammunition could make the public feel unsafe or frightened, such as museums, schools, and churches
- Where the security guard’s primary duty is to restrict access to a building or space within a building
- If your business is in a low-risk area
- There is no need to hire armed guards if there are police nearby. This is ideal because law enforcement responds within minutes when you call for help.
- For in-mall businesses, the mall manager or owner may hire armed security guards, but you may not be permitted to do the same. Therefore, unarmed guarding is a better option in this case.
What is armed security?
Armed security means having one or more guards trained in weapons and carriages. For the most part, they receive training similar to that of law enforcement officers.
In addition, they must undergo regular drug tests, retraining, extensive background checks, and firearms training. They are trained to protect customers, employees, and facility inventory from criminals, and may use lethal force when necessary.
Why You Should Consider Armed Security
one of the main bermed security guard service The advantage is that they are more trained and skilled than unarmed guards. So, if you’re wondering when to hire armed guards, consider the following scenario.
- When hosting large sporting events or concerts.
- If you are in the business of transporting valuables such as gold or cash.
- If you want the presence of armed guards as a deterrent in business establishments such as grocery stores, airports, government buildings, and hospitals
- For companies that handle large amounts of cash, such as credit unions and banks
- When dealing with high-priced items such as works of art and high-end fashion items
- If your business is located in a high crime area
Why is armed security a better option?
Now that you know what armed and unarmed security are, let’s talk about how armed security is a better option.
Armed Security Service is highly trained and professional
In most cases, armed guards undergo extensive training and licensing procedures to carry firearms, which makes them more expensive than unarmed guards. Therefore, if you are planning a large event, conference, concert, sporting event, etc. and there is a potential risk of criminal activity, armed guards are a better option.
Save money by preventing theft, robbery, and physical harm to staff and guests. Or, if you’re planning a high-profile celebrity wedding, armed security guards are a must. However, if you’re planning an intimate corporate event for senior executives, an unarmed security guard might suffice.
You should also check with the venue management team to see if firearms are permitted on the premises. Otherwise, you will need special permission. This is common when hosting events in shopping malls, schools, community halls, convention centers and churches. Therefore, when in doubt, ask the property owner or manager whether they allow armed or unarmed security.You can also check in together Crime prevention patrol service To know if it is legal to have armed guards at a particular location.
they are trained to deal with emergencies
Security exists not only to prevent or deter theft. They also act as first responders in the event of an accident at the facility. The presence of armed guards is also perfectly acceptable if you want to maintain crowd control and prevent injuries.
They will defuse the situation while you and the crowd await the arrival of the police or ambulance. However, if the police in your area are too slow to respond, it may be more practical to have armed guards on board. These can be one of the best options for containing a threatening situation and keeping everyone safe.
It will soothe and comfort those in attendance
You know your event visitors better than anyone else. So you have to decide if these people feel comfortable seeing armed guards at the venue. This is important because your guests may be wearing precious jewelry or large sums of money at your event. Also, if a VIP guest or employee is planning to attend a company event with their partner or children, you’ll want security he patrol to protect them on the premises.
Hire quality security and guarding services for your business
if you want weapons law enforcement guards, call Guard Services USA today. We provide off-duty police officers, residential area, construction site and shopping mall security guards for your business.
Contact us today to learn more about our security and guarding services.