The addition of this technology allows universities to eliminate hundreds of disparate legacy devices and consolidate their campuses under one umbrella.
December 28, 2022Ed. Note: This article was posted previously. campus safety.
Universities are under a lot of stress every day. Their team has a heavy responsibility to protect students, his members of staff, and visitors while maintaining efficient workflow and a comfortable environment. Few companies have to walk this kind of knife edge between security and functionality, and without the right systems in place the challenges can feel insurmountable. With the help of , universities of all sizes can meet industry-specific challenges and adequately protect everyone on campus.
Overcome the pitfalls of legacy systems
Legacy systems cannot meet the needs of modern universities. Most campuses today barely survive with a variety of products such as access control units, video surveillance cameras, and health safety equipment. Unfortunately, these systems often operate independently of each other, which can lead to disconnection and cause major problems for both staff and students. It can bring together all your critical devices and give you unprecedented control over your campus in a way that aging physical access control systems (PACs) simply can’t.
Bring things together with biometrics
There are countless ways biometrics can optimize your campus. For example, a biometric system establishes a centralized database of her identities for known students and faculty, each with its own set of access rights. These IDs can be used to manage access to dormitories, athletic facilities, and other locations across campus, as well as track time and attendance for workforce management purposes. Another example is the integration of devices at the entrance, where biometrics can be brought to every entrance. Most campuses now have card readers to control access and cameras above doors to monitor for security threats. A single biometric reader can serve both authentication and video surveillance, and integration saves both cost and space.
Biometrics offers campuses another advantage over traditional systems. This is an advantage that has become impossible to ignore in light of recent events. After the COVID-19 outbreak, it became clear that most campuses were utterly unprepared for the task of protecting students from health-based threats. Places that have already implemented biometrics have made this devastating situation much less painful. Modern biometrics, such as facial recognition devices, effectively eliminate the spread of germs through shared touch surfaces. We provide touchless access control solutions.The latest model is de
An elegant solution for end users
So many companies talk about how their solutions help the people who buy them, but biometrics are also inherently beneficial to people who use them on a daily basis. Unlike card readers where you have to, biometrics allows you to become your own credentials. With a single swipe of her finger or the presentation of a face, users can walk through doors faster and easier than ever before. Everyone from students walking in and out of cafeterias and dorm rooms to staff navigating faculty buildings will appreciate this convenience.
Comprehensive improvements to every part of the campus
The positive ripple effect of biometrics reverberates through every part of campus. Below are some of the most useful deployment points for campus security teams to consider.
- Athletic facilities: The athletic facilities are a major attraction on campus. Not only does biometrics obviate the need for physical credentials, eliminating the need for athletes to carry credentials with them during practices and games, but it also separates public areas for spectators and lockers for players and coaches from his room. It also provides a line between them.
- Science Center: University labs have some of the most sensitive equipment on campus. Biometrics provides the highest level of security for these locations, including multi-factor authentication that combines facial recognition, fingerprints, PINS, and access cards.
- Campus Housing: Biometrics can protect dormitories 24/7, making student life easier and eliminating the need for expensive security guard services. Visitor access is also easily managed through these modern systems.
- Food service: Biometrics ensure that only those who have paid for a dining plan have access to its benefits. This alone could save the college countless dollars a year.
- admission: The admissions department needs to make a brilliant first impression on potential students and their parents. The latest luxury biometric devices demonstrate our commitment to the latest technology and security measures to give both parents and students peace of mind. Visitor access for tour groups and individuals interested in the school is also facilitated via biometric devices.
Bringing the campus into the 21st century
Biometrics offers three solutions that simultaneously address physical security, workforce management and health safety needs. These modern units allow you to eliminate hundreds of different legacy devices and consolidate your campus under her one umbrella of unmatched security and convenience. If you are looking for the best solution for campus safety and efficiency, biometrics is the only viable option for current and future challenges.
Shiraz Kapadia is CEO and President. Inviciuma biometric access control manufacturer.